Lemon water is possibly one of the best ways to activate the digestive system in the morning. Before you eat anything, drinking a glass of freshly squeezed lemon diluted in some filtered water, will switch on your enzymes before any food reaches the stomach.
Lemons have many medicinal properties. Here are just a few:
- They are great for making your metabolism more effective.
- They can help stimulate bowel movements if you’ve got excessive waste in the colon.
- They can reduce your desire to eat foods that aren’t good for you.
- They can boost your immune system if you’re fighting a virus or cold.
- They can help clear mucus in the sinuses and lungs.
- They are a natural source of vitamin C and antioxidants that can help protect your cells.
If you want to go a step further, adding some apple cider vinegar with the mother culture into your morning glass will also support acidity in the body with some additional probiotic benefits. It’s easy to make your own at home too.